Friday 18 March 2011

Review: Simple's Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash

I love Simple, always have since day one of trying their products - their products always make my skin feel soft and healthy! I noticed Superdrug having a 3 for 2 on Simple products 2 weeks ago so I had a little splurge. I bought Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash,  Kind to Skin Refreshing facial gel wash and Kind to Skin Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser. I will get on to do a review of the Facial gel and the Toning Cleanser in the future but for now it's all about the Exfoliating Wash.

The product is a clear gel consistency with lots of little blue exfoliating beads. The wash doesn't strip your skin of oil like most exfoliators - leaving you skin to produce double the amount of oil and breaking out!- because of an ingredient called Zinc PCA which absorbs excess oil, leaving your skin with the right amount of oil so it wont become dry. 
Another great ingredient in it is Witch Hazel. Witch Hazel has many uses when it comes to skin care, it's a
disinfectant, astringent, anti-irritant, it reduces swelling and inflammation and it does not disrupt the pH balance of the skin.
Even though I have very good skin and get a minimal amount of spots normally*, I did see a dramatic change in the amount, size and redness of the few I got. 
The only problem I have with this product is the beads don't get rid of many blackheads on my nose when using it, so I have to get the annoying pore strips out.

Overall I give this product a solid 9/10 because it is an amazing facial wash!
If you have any skin type especially acne prone or very oily skin I tell you now to go out and get it because it will help controling your skins natural oil production. 
xxx
 ~~~~~
*I have normal skin and get maybe 1 or 2 spots a week at most.

1 comment:

Stats