Friday 4 March 2011

Review: bhcosmetics 2nd edition 120 Pallet

I first laid my eyes on the pallet in an xsparkage video, it looked absolutely amazing! I looked at their website and thought the $29.95 for the 2nd edition was reasonable but then the postage was about $25 and my dreams of owning one were shattered...or so I thought. 
A few weeks later I came across them on Twitter and noticed they were doing a giveaway. All you had to do was tell them what you liked most about their products. I entered thinking I had no hope in hell however myself and 6 other lucky girls won. 
The mailing time was about a week and a half (from the US to the UK). It arrived in a medium sized box and was well protected on the inside with brown paper and bubble wrap. 

Pros
- The colour pay off/opacity on most of the colours is great -so much so you don't need a base to make it stand out- and there's no need to really push your brush into it to get more colour.
- It has a mix of shimmery and matte colours that are very similar which is good if you want just one colour but want a bit of shimmer in certain places.
-  It has pretty much every colour you could ever need.
- The packaging is great, it's simple and there's a little tag to pull up the pallet from beneath without your fingers slipping in to a shadow the process.

Cons
- The light blues don't apply to my eyelid very well and don't stand out as much as I'd like.
- I thought the pallet as a whole and the shadows themselves would be bigger. 
- Shipping out of the US is pretty expensive, almost as much as the product itself.

Overall I really liked it and I'd give this 8/10
x
P.S. Their website has 20% off sale on 120 pallets right now for a limited time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats